- Feature Links
- Hurricane Resources
- Hurricane Debris Cleanup
Hurricane Debris Cleanup
HURRICANE STORM DEBRIS CLEAN-UP
Hurricane Recovery Hotline
A Hurricane Debris Hotline has been activated for citizens to call and report damages and debris in the City of Lauderdale Lakes. The hotline number is (954) 535-2815. We will log information and report complaints to our debris contractors.
Bulk Trash Collection
Please be advised that bulk trash collection is regularly scheduled.
Please do not mix bulk materials with your yard waste. Mixed waste will not be collected.
In addition, if you have bagged your vegetative hurricane debris, please place the bags next to your green garbage cart for collection by Waste Management on your next regular garbage collection day.
Hurricane Debris Removal
The City of Lauderdale Lakes debris removal contractors began debris removal on Tuesday, September 26th.
Haulers are currently collecting vegetative debris and wooden fences only. Please place your vegetative debris on the curbside for pick-up. The City's hurricane debris removal contractor will collect loose debris only. Please do not mix debris. Place wooden debris in a separate pile. Again, If you have bagged your vegetative debris(Tree parts), please place the bags next to your green garbage cart for collection by Waste Management on your next regular garbage collection day.
All other hurricane-related debris (roofing materials, screens, shingles, metal fences, etc.) will be collected at a later time.
Residents are urged to separate the debris as follows:
• VEGETATIVE DEBRIS (whole trees, tree stumps, tree branches, tree trunks and other leafy material)
• CONSTRUCTION AND DEMOLITION DEBRIS (damaged components of buildings and structures such lumber and wood, wall board, glass, metal, roofing materials, tile, furnishings, and fixtures)
• HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (materials that are ignitable, reactive, toxic or corrosive such as paints, cleaners, pesticides, etc.)
• WHITE GOODS (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, heat pumps, ovens, ranges, washing machines, clothes dryers and water heaters)
• ELECTRONIC WASTE (computers, televisions, office electronic equipment, etc.)
Please see the flyer below for a visual overview of the proper method to set debris on the right-of-way.
# # #