Accounting and Financial Management ensures proper implementation and maintenance of effective internal controls of the City’s financial activities. Accurate financial information is provided in a timely and professional manner. Professional customer service is also provided to operating departments within the City as well as to external stakeholders.
Accounting and Financial Management’s goal is to manage the City’s finances by adhering to current government accounting standards, Florida Law, the City’s Charter and Administrative Policies while providing full transparency of the City’s financial condition.
• Administer citywide payroll
• Administer citywide accounts payable
• Manage accounts receivable
• Revenue collection
• Fixed asset management
• Treasury management
• Debt management
• Administer capital projects and grant accounting activities
• Financial Reporting
• Prepares the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) in accordance with the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Financial Officers Association (GFOA)