Local Government Academy
“Educating and Engaging Communities One Citizen at a Time”
February 6 - March 20, 2019
The City of Lauderdale Lakes Local Government Academy is a ten (6) week program designed to offer our residents and business owners the opportunity to learn how local government works and how they can become more involved in the City. Participants will learn about the relationships between the Citizens, City Commissions, and City Administration. They will also learn how and why projects are implemented and the manner in which services are provided, as well as receive an overview of the budget planning process, and many other responsibilities and functions of City government. Each class will be conducted by a department representative and will provide both an informational and interactive learning approaches.
Enrollment is limited to 15 participants, 18 years of age or older. Two spots are reserved for Lauderdale Lakes residents who are high school seniors. Application Deadline: Friday, January 19, 2019
Goals of the Local Government Academy
- To educate the public on what their local government does for them.
- To improve and increase residents/business awareness and interest in local government.
- To encourage residents to become involved in their local government.
- To develop residents/businesses understanding of their role in city government.
- To provide an inside look at the operations of the City of Lauderdale Lakes
- To demonstrate what is provided by the local property tax and utility rates.
Upon successful completion of the classes, a graduation ceremony will take place during Commission Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 20, 2019 and each participant will be presented with a certificate of completion by the Mayor and City Commission. The City of Lauderdale Lakes Local Government Academy is free to participants.
LGA Program Contact Information
Address: 4300 NW 36 St. Lauderdale Lakes, FL. 33319
Phone: (954) 535-2740