Local Government Academy
CITY OF LAUDERDALE LAKES GOVERNMENT ACADEMY
“Educating and Engaging Communities One citizen at a Time”
January 21, 2015 - March 10, 2015
The City of Lauderdale Lakes Local Government Academy is a six (6) week program designed to offer our residents and business owners the opportunity to learn how local government works and how they can become more involved in the City. Participants will learn about the relationship between the Citizens, City Commissions, and City Administration. They will also learn how and why projects are started and the manner in which services are provided, as well as receive an overview of the budget planning process, and many other responsibilities and functions of City government. Each class will be conducted by a City representative and will provide both an informational and interactive learning approaches.
Goals of the Local Government Academy
- To educate the public on what their local government does for them.
- To improve and increase residents/business awareness and interest in local government.
- To encourage residents to become involved in their local government.
- To develop residents/businesses understanding of their role in city government.
To provide an inside look at the operations of the City of Lauderdale Lakes
- To demonstrate what is provided by the local property tax and utility rates.
Upon successful completion of the classes, a graduation ceremony will take place on Tuesday, Mar 10, 2015 and each participant will be presented with a certificate of completion by the Mayor and City Commission. The City of Lauderdale Lakes Local Government Academy is free to participants.
Barika Williams, MPA
Address: 4300 NW 36 St. Lauderdale Lakes, FL. 33319
www.lauderdalelakes.org Phone: (954) 535-2740 Fax: (954) 733-7325