Local Government Academy
CITY OF LAUDERDALE LAKES
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACADEMY
“Educating and Engaging Communities One Citizen at a Time”
January 22, 2014 - March 5, 2014
The City of Lauderdale lakes Local Government Academy is a six (6) week program designed to offer our residents and business owners the opportunity to learn how local government works and how they can become more involved. Participants will learn about the relationship between the Citizens, City Commissions, and City Administration. They will also learn how and why projects are started and the manner in which services are provided, as well as receive an overview of the budget planning process, and many other responsibilities and functions of City government. Each class will be conducted by a City representative and will provide both an informational and interactive learning approaches.
Enrollment is limited to 20 participants, 18 years of age or older. Two spots are reserved for high school seniors who are Lauderdale Lakes residents.
Goals of the Local Government Academy
· To educate the public on what their local government does for them.
· To improve and increase residents/business awareness and interest in local government.
· To encourage residents to become involved in their local government.
· To develop residents/businesses understanding of their role in city government.
· To provide an inside look at the operations of the City of Lauderdale Lakes
· To demonstrate what is provided by the local property tax and utility rates.
Upon successful completion of the classes, a graduation ceremony will take place on March 5, 2014 and each participant will be presented a certificate of completion by the Mayor and City Commission.
The City of Lauderdale Lakes Government Academy is free to participants.
Application Deadline: January 6, 2014
For more information call 954-535-2740